QUESTIONAIRE FOR GREAT COMMISSION INTERNATIONAL (GCI)
1. Why is GCI starting a new church in this area?
2. Is GCI a denomination?
3. How long has GCI been a denomination? Please explain its origins.
4 What is different about the GCI denomination from other churches and denominations?
5. Does GCI nave a doctrinal statement?
If YES please supply one copy of it.
If NO please explain.
6. Who is the founder of GCI?
7. Is the founder still a leader and pastor/elder in the church and denomination? If not please explain.
8. How many local churches are in the denomination?
9. How many members are in the denomination? Please give an approximate breakdown by age.
10. Where is GCI headquartered?
11. Does GCI have membership in any evangelical organizations that could be contacted for references?
12. Who is the president of GCI? For how long? What are his qualifications for being the president?
13. Is GCI a 501 c3 non-profit organization recognized by the Internal Revenue Service? Who are the board members?
14. How many pastors are there presently in GCI? How many have had formal Bible college or seminary training?
15. Who is the leader of the GCI church in this area? For now long?
16. Please give the name and addresses of ministers outside of and unconnected to GCI that could be contacted for references.
17. What qualifications are required to be a pastor in GCI? Is there any minimum age for being a pastor?
18. Has GCI ever sponsored any of its leaders to go to Bible college or seminary?
19. Can a person be in God's perfect will for his/her life and be on the staff of Campus Crusade for Christ or some other parachurch organization?
20. Are there any other churches in Atlanta you could recommend Christians to attend other than the GCI church? If so please specify by name.
21. Have people been excommunicated from GCI? If so how many approximately? How many have been excommunicated in one day? Where?
22. When a person is excommunicated is that person given a formal letter of excommunication? If not please explain.
23. What is the most common charge for excommunication in GCI?
24, How many have been shunned, or formally or informally excommunicated for slander and/or being divisive or factious?
25. Please give the name and phone number of former leaders who have left GCI in good standing for purposes of obtaining reference statements.
26. Please give the name and phone number of former leaders who have left GCI in bad standing for purposes of obtaining reference statements.
27. Have there been any former elders or deacons who have left GCI that do not have a bad report of being slanderous or factious? Please name.
28. Have there been any former elders or deacons who have left GCI who have not been given a bad report either formally or informally? Please name.
29. Has GCI ever been suspicioned of being a cult by any of the cult watching groups in the country?
30. Do you have any favorable news articles on GCI by independent organizations not connected with GCI or GCI members? If so please supply a copy of each.
31. Have there been any unfavorable news articles on GCI? If so please supply a copy of each.
32. Has GCI, or any of its former organizations or leaders, ever been investigated by any university, newspaper, cult watching organization, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, or the Internal Revenue Service? If so, please state each instance, describe situation and explain outcome.
33. Has GCI, or any of its former organizations or leaders, ever been sued or been involved in a courtroom situation? If so, please state each instance, describe the situation and explain the outcome.
34. Does GCI ever have conferences? If so, does GCI ever invite outside speakers to give a series of messages? If so please give names of six such speakers.
35. Has GCI ever taught that the primary function of the church is to reach the world? Does it teach such a doctrine at present? Please give a capsule of the doctrine with Scriptural support.
36. Has GCI ever taught that every brother in the church is to become an elder? Does it teach such a doctrine at present? Please give a capsule of the doctrine with Scriptural support.
37. Has GCI ever taught that believers are to be in total, unquestioned submission to the elders? Does it teach such a doctrine at present? Please give a capsule of the doctrine with Scriptural support.
38. Has GCI ever taught that the main function of single sisters is to submit to and serve the brothers? Does it teach such a doctrine at present? Please give a capsule of the doctrine with Scriptural support.
39. Has GCI ever taught that it is not allowed for anyone to voice disagreement with the elders?
40. Has GCI ever taught apostolic authority?
41. Has GCI ever taught that there are apostles like Paul in the GCI church at present?
42. Please name all GCI apostles. Are there any who were apostles in the GCI church that are no longer apostles at present, or that are not functioning as apostles at present? If so please explain.
43. Please define GCI's definition of an apostle, an apostle's function in local church, the apostle's function in the denomination at large, the scope and authority of an apostle, the qualifications to be apostle?
44. Please explain the circumstances of leaving, and whether or not the following former pastors/elders and their wives are under any formal or informal ban or excommunication (contact headquarters if necessary):
Bill & JoAnn Taylor
Paul & Barb Martin
Jimmy & Cathy Schooler
Ray & Gail Moore
Rick & Mary Harvey
Larry & Joy Harvey
Dave & Becky Cook
Doug & Jeannie Lamborn
Clint & Val Hall
Jerry & Pearl MacDonald
Henry & Lynn Hintermeister
[Prepared by Mike Royal]